How to Combat Food Waste
Aug 01, 2016 08:25PM
Here are some practical tips for preventing and reversing food waste.
- Create a compost area in the backyard and section it off for each phase of the composting process; partitions for sectioning them can be made from wooden pallets.
- Buy a composter, often found at hardware stores, for the backyard.
- Save food waste such as meat, pasta, rice, dairy, vegetables, fruits and coffee grinds in the kitchen using buckets, and donate it to local community composting centers or programs
- Save vegetables and fruits in containers and deliver them to community gardens.
- Sign up for a commercial food composting service for twice weekly pick-up of food waste for composting for a small fee.
For more information, call Maria Lott at 214-566-3025 or visit RecycleRevolutionDallas.com.