Finally Get Organized this Year
Dec 29, 2017 08:42PM
● By Dina Taylor
Embrace New Year 2018 with open arms and be encouraged. Now is the best time to evaluate our home and life and make simple changes to bring peace and order to our world. Here are a few simple tips.
- First, realize that it is possible to become organized. Imagine the time and frustration saved by no longer having to search for misplaced items. Gain confidence and happiness when we finally have quick and easy access to everything we need.
- Begin by searching through drawers, cabinets, closets and surrounding pile-ups. Look for items that have outlived their purpose in our life. Each one of us has our own individual story. Because of this, the definition of outlived items will be different for each person.
- Set these things aside in a designated staging area.
- Decide which items can be repurposed, or if it’s time to send them on to a new home.
- Load items for donation into the car and immediately get them to a favorite charity before we change our mind, or call to schedule a pick-up.
- Once each area has been purged, hunt for furniture and storage items that will give everything in our home a place to live.
Remember, it’s not about stuff, it’s about enjoying life. If stuff is getting in the way, then it has probably outlived its purpose.
Dina Taylor is a local professional organizer and founder of Easily Organized.For more information,call 941-921-5066 or visit EasilyOrganized.com.