DART's 2020 Student Art Contest Deadline Approaches
Jan 13, 2020 01:59PM
● By Bernice Butler
With one month left for K-12 students to submit entries for DART's 2020 Student Art Contest, don't delay or you might miss your chance to ‘paint the town.’
Contestants can compete to earn a spot for their design on DART buses and trains, plus cash and other prizes.
- The contest is open to public school, private school and home-schooled students in kindergarten through the 12th grade.
- Designs must be original work by the student and should illustrate the theme “Paint The Town ______. Ride DART.”
- Entry deadline is Feb.28, 2020.
- One entry per student. No group entries are allowed.
- All entries must measure 11″ high by 17″ wide and be laid out horizontally.
- High school students now have the option of submitting their entry online. All digital entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2020 at dart.org/artcontest
- Student’s name, student’s email, grade level, school name, school address, teacher’s name, email, phone number, parent’s name, email and phone number, should be easily viewed on the back.
DART will notify winners by March 11. Artwork becomes the property of DART and may be used with appropriate credit to the artist. By entering, contestants consent to have their name and photograph appear as one of the winners. A gallery of the previous art contest winners is available for viewing at dart.org/artcontest.
For more information about the contest, contact Jessica D. Lennon, education outreach manager, at [email protected], or call 214-749-2582.