Suggested Actions for Clean Air Day
North Texans can participate in Clean Air Action Day on June 21 by doing at least one thing to help improve air quality. This special day is held each year to help raise awareness for the problems of air pollution and the different ways that people can work toward making the air cleaner. This is an important way to help preserve the planet and make it better for both ourselves and future generations to live on.
People can share their plans on Clean Air Action Day, on social media by using #CAAD2019 and tagging @NCTCOGtrans to qualify for a chance to win a prize.
Clean air choices for June 21
- Carpool or vanpool
- Use mass transit
- Bike or walk
- Attend meetings remotely
- Take lunch to work or summer activities
- Maintain consistent driving speed by avoiding quick accelerations and hard braking
- Reduce idling
- Combine trips or drive less
- Report smoking, polluting vehicles (#SMOKE)
- Stay up-to-date on regular vehicle maintenance and state emissions and safety inspection
- Consider an electric or other alternative fuel lawn mower
- Switch to energy efficient light bulbs
- Pursue energy-efficient home improvement projects
- Choose a clean vehicle option if purchasing a new vehicle (electric, hybrid, natural gas, propane, biofuels, SmartWay)
- Use a vehicle-approved biofuel in your car (E85 and B20)
- Call for an alternative-fueled or hybrid vehicle if going to the airport or around town
- Buy local or at places where less driving is required
- Encourage someone else to make clean air choices on 6-21-19
- Tell a friend about Air North Texas and options that help improve air quality in the region
- Sign up for air pollution alerts
- Commit to making clean air choices the entire ozone season
- Create an account and log commutes at TryParkingIt.com
Talking a walk in nature is also a great way to celebrate Clean Air Day 2019. We only have one planet, and this is a good time to reaffirming our commitment to protecting Mother Earth and making sure that the air that we breathe is as clean and healthy as possible.
For more information and help in implementing these actions, visit AirNorthTexas.org.