Sep 11, 2019 03:14PM
Ironically, the products we use to make our homes clean are making us sick, instead. Cleaning products are the number one source of toxins in our homes, linked to reproductive disorders, neurological problems and cancer. Additionally, mainstream companies often use "greenwashing" in their marketing to give the perception that their products are safe and environmentally-friendly when they are anything but.
Detoxing the home can be overwhelming. Sometimes you need help to detox your home with the safest and most effective products on the market. To get started, here is a list of five of the most toxic products in the home and recommended safe swaps. In addition, focus on reading labels in local stores, as many groceries and warehouse outlets are beginning to respond to the demand for cleaner products.
1) Air Fresheners release toxins into the air that get ingested into everyone’s lungs.
Safe Swap: Essential oils. These fragrant, 100 percent natural plant-based oils combat odor and improve air quality. Many essential oils are naturally antibacterial and antiviral.
2) Fabric Softeners/Dryer Sheets leave a chemical residue on clothing that is absorbed into our bloodstreams when we wear them.
Safe Swap: 100 percent wool dryer balls, which speed drying time and fluff clothes. Norwex's are the highest quality. For softening: add half a cup of white vinegar to the fabric softener compartment in the washer. For fragrance, add 3 or 4 drops of essential oil to each dryer ball.
3) Antibacterial Soaps contain chemicals that have been linked to cancer and other health problems. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration notes these ingredients are no more effective than plain soap and water in preventing illness and the spread of infections.
Safe Swap: Dr. Bronner’s pure Castile soap.
4) Laundry Detergent emits an average of 17 toxins, which attach to fabrics and get absorbed into our bloodstreams.
Safe Swap: Laundry detergents without harmful chemicals, such as Norwex, Molly's Suds and Better Life.
5) Scented Soaps and Lotions contain more than 3,000 synthetic fragrance ingredients, with no way to know which combination of ingredients are in a particular product. Fragrances are not regulated by any government or health agency.
Safe Swaps: Dr. Bronner’s body products, Beautycounter skin care and body products.
Submitted by: CLEERLIFE. For more information about CLEERLIFE, email [email protected] or call 817-966-5057, or email [email protected] or call 214-850-9448, or visit Cleerlife.com.